Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roat Osha is trying to make the grade

After a few months in business are they doing it? We went for a visit after being ejected from Burger Jones. Just kidding, there was just a 45 minute wait. I like hamburgers as much as the next fellow, but...It looked like there was patio seating too and they were just making people wait. I'm sure that wasn't the case, but still, what the hell?

Anyways, our plans shifted from burgers to Thai food. Lucky us because we were close to Uptown which they might as well rename 'Thaitown'. We chose Roat Osha for the parking and the patio which had available tables (Dave called ahead, good work!). When we got there the place looked dead inside. There were a couple people sitting at the bar and the rest of us were outside. Still, the patio was not packed by any means. Good for us, bad for Roat Osha.

Since Mr. B and I had already eaten at Punch, we had time to sip some drinks and take in the sunshine. I was also preoccupied with the table next to us who seemed to be having an awful lot of trouble. I wouldn't usually have noticed, but out waitress spent most of her time talking with them and not so much attending to us. No big deal today, but I saw a flash of things that might come to be. Would the service at Roat turn as bad as the service Tum Rup? I hope not.

The Sister and the Dave partook in their regular spicy pad Thai with no egg. Everything was pretty normal and overall satisfying. Mr. B and I shared the mango with sticky rice dessert. The mango was fresh and delicious, but the rice was in a square, kind of bland and not impressive on a plate. I would recommend the mango sticky rice dessert from Amazing Thailand over the one served at Roat.

I think Roat Osha has the ability to be long lasting, but it needs to keep its service standards up. Don't worry, we will probably be back.

-BananaWoo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time. I like that place. I've noticed service is slow when at tables, which is why I'm usually at the bar. But the Burger Jones wait? They have a (bad) reputation for seating only half the place and there's always a wait. Word is, the kitchen can't keep up when they're full. It's nonsense if you ask me. And to top it off once you do get in, the burgers aren't that great.

Soofaye said...

I like Roat Osha and actually prefer going there over Tum Rup because of the parking and the menus are almost identical. I've been going to Amazing Thailand more, I always get great service there and the food is pretty good, great happy hour too!