Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Moto-I

Moto-I
Uptown @ Lyn & Lake
http://www.moto-i.com/

The first sake brewery outside of Japan! Could this be the new fad in Minneapolis? I can't say that I'm much of a saki expert, but I do like it so maybe I'll have to learn by attending a few happy hours. Moto-I was also rated best Japanese restaurant by CityPages this year. Wow, already making a name for yourself I see.

We just went for drinks and to take part of the awesome roof-top patio. I have to say that I'd go back for the patio and the decor alone. The inside consists of 2 small floors, each with their own bar (yay!). There is a full menu and full bar. However, during happy hour and on the patio they only serve drinks and apps. Moto-I claims their menu is "reminiscent of an Izakaya, a Japanese Pub." Serving small plates as well as noodle and rice dishes. I'm excited to find out.

Everything seems pretty reasonable. The only thing we questioned was the bao, or steamed buns. Three dollars a pop. My sister said they better be the size of my head. Or maybe they are really just that good.

I'm sure I'll return and get some full details on the menu. But for now, if you're looking for a great patio and atmosphere check out Moto-I!

-BananaWoo

No comments: