Tuesday, May 19, 2009

OPEN: The Tavern on France

The Tavern on France
6740 France Avenue
Edina, MN 55435
952-358-6100
http://www.tavernonfrance.com/
Menu

Recently opened is the Tavern on France. It's a tavern...on France. This particular piece of real estate has had lots of trouble in the past simply keeping any one business in business. Not too long ago it was Cafe Via, a highly over priced upscale dining establishment that I don't think lasted much longer than a couple years. I was tempted to visit (since it's close to my house), but after repeatedly looking over the menu and prices I discouraged myself enough to ignore it's existence. Then it closed.

Now last week it has turned a new leaf once again. It is now the Tavern on France. Same nice open patio, same exterior, but behold! There are actually people sitting outside. It looks like it's doing pretty good. I've read mixed reviews, but a co-worker of mine went there for lunch and gave it a thumbs up. I think I feel safe enough to give it a try. I will let you all know.

A little about the restaurant:
It does take reservations for parties of 8 or more. Parties of 8 or less can call up to a half hour before arrival to be put on the waiting list.

The Tavern Club WAS free to join, but now cost you about $15. If you live at the Tavern then it might be a good investment. It earns you points for every dollar you spend. At 200 points you recieve a $10 gift card. Also, club perks include a 20% food discount with no restrictions and $3.50 25oz tap beers.

They even have a HH (I'm not sure how in Edina, but they do!) every Monday thru Friday from 3pm-6pm and 9pm-close. Specials include $2 tap beers, $2 off cocktails, 1/2 priced pizza and 1/2 priced wine.

Sunday brunch buffet every Sunday from 10am-2pm. $13.99 for adults, $5.99 for kids 12 and under. Features dishes such as fresh carved roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, a pancake bar and more.

As much as I try to keep in the Minneapolis scene, I find myself drifting more and more towards what is easy and accessable around me in the suburbs. I really do hope the Tavern on France works out. Edina could definitely use a few more unique and good dining establishments.

-BananaWoo

No comments: