Saturday, July 24, 2010

Burger Jones

3200 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55416-4512
(612) 746-0800


Open daily from 11:00am to 1:00am
HH from 3:00pm to 6:00pm and again from 9:00pm to close

Burger Jones, one of the newest of the Parasole dining establishment offspring (also overseers of Manny's Steakhouse, Chino Latino, Salut Bar Americain, Muffuletta, Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse, Good Earth, The Living Room, Prohibition, Burger Jones, Il Gatto, and Uptown Cafeteria).

Is it worth the wait? No. That's why the lines have died down since opening. Sorry Mr. Jones, I don't mean to be harsh, but with your limited menu, sub-par freedom fries, and mediocre Uptown trendy diner design, you leave much to be desired. I have been back 3 times since opening. I will not poo-poo where poo-poo is not due. However, nothing has struck me hard. Nothing wakes me in the night saying "you need some Burger Jones!". It's not horrible, it's just not amazing.

No comments: